Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History at Western Michigan University, Dr. Paul Maier
Jerry Johnston interviews and introduces Dr. Paul L. Maier, who is the Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History at Western Michigan University and a much-published author of both scholarly and popular works. His novels include two historical documentaries — Pontius Pilate and The Flames of Rome — as well as A Skeleton in God’s Closet, a theological thriller that became a #1 national bestseller in religious fiction when it first released. Sequels, More than a Skeleton and The Constantine Codex, followed in 2003 and 2011.
His nonfiction works include In the Fullness of Time, a book that correlates sacred with secular evidence from the ancient world impinging on Jesus and early Christianity; Josephus: The Essential Works, a new translation / commentary on writings of the first-century Jewish historian; and Eusebius: The Church History, a similar book on the first Christian historian. More than five million of Maier’s books are now in print in twenty languages, as well as over 250 scholarly articles and reviews in professional journals.
Dr. Maier lectures widely, appears frequently on national radio, television, and newspaper interviews, and has received numerous awards. He has also penned seven children’s books and hosted six video seminars dealing with Jesus, St. Paul, the early church, and current Christianity.
More from this series:
- KC Royals General Manager Dayton Moore
- Florida State University College Football Hall of Fame Coach Bobby Bowden
- NFL Legendary Announcer Pat Summerall
- Recording Artist Rebecca St. James
- Recording Artist Randy Travis
- Author, singer, motivational speaker, and former pornographic actress Shelley Lubben
- Media Critic Dr. Ted Baehr – Session 1
- 9-11 Survivor Sujo John
- American Christian Apologetic Author and Evangelist Lee Strobel
- Media critic Dr. Ted Baehr Session 2
- Media critic Dr. Ted Baehr Session 3
- American Christian Apologetic Author and Evangelist Lee Strobel Interview
- Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History at Western Michigan University, Dr Paul Maier